Japanese VST plugin marketplace miroc.co.jp is offering iZotope’s popular Nectar Elements for free for Golden Week.
Starting from today, the 29th, iZotope’s Nectar Elements vocal processing suite will be available for the competitive price of nothing at all until May 6th.
iZotope needs no introduction, but Nectar might be the most often overlooked part of their classic trifecta which also includes Ozone and Neutron.
But that ends today.
If you’re not super familiar with vocal chains, Nectar might just be the best place to start.
This is the updated version of iZotope’s plugins, which, if you haven’t used, means a streamlined workflow and the most interesting addition, their AI Assistant, this time called the “Vocal Assistant.”
Essentially, the first step is to fire up iZotope Nectar in your digital audio workstation; the plugin then analyzes your audio and offers suggestions. You can apply these suggested settings to your mix and fine-tune them to your liking.
In the Elements version, you can only tweak macros based on its suggestions. That can be seen as a bit of a downside, but if you’re just starting out or need a quick mix – it’s perfect.
Here’s what you can tweak:
- Pitch – Classic pitch correction; the slider controls the amount applied to your vocals.
- Clarity – Controls the gain of the EQ cuts applied by the Vocal Assistant.
- De-ess – Want less “ess” in your vocals? This will do that. De-essing is the control of sibilance (or the ‘s’ sounds) that would usually be done with proper mic technique and a pop filter, but stuff occasionally slips through. According to iZotope, this uses a brand new, intelligent algorithm.
- Dynamics – Dynamics is where vocals are made or broken. This slider controls the amount of compression applied.
- Tone – You have three choices here – vintage, modern, and dialogue. Dialogue boosts the vocal fundamentals and the high end to emphasize the nuances of spoken-word audio. Vintage is a bit darker and with better low midrange, whereas modern is crisper and adds a sparkly high end.
- Space – Adds a subtle reverb to the vocal, positioning it better in the mix and promising to work well with your track’s other reverbs.
iZotope’s “Elements” line of plugins are fantastic entry points for comparatively advanced and nebulous topics like mixing, mastering, and in this case, vocal processing. They’re also a good way to try iZotope’s AI-based software before deciding on whether or not to upgrade to a Pro version.
If you don’t have Nectar Elements, just visit the link below, enter your email address, and you’ll be mailed a serial number shortly. Only one license is available per person.
The page is in Japanese, but it’s quite easy to get the download. First, scroll all the way down the page and click the “Nectar Elements” button.
After that, fill out your name and email address, then click the “Send” button.
You can use the “Translate to English” option in Chrome to instantly translate the text.
More info: Nectar Elements (FREE through this link before May 6th)