Cherry Audio PS-20 A Polyphonic, ‘Hot-Rodded’ Korg MS-20 Synthesizer
Cherry Audio has introduced PS-20, a new software synthesizer that they describe as an “ultra-realistic, polyphonic, hot-rodded tribute to Korg’s renowned MS-20”.
They say that they’ve recreated the MS-20’s iconic sound, but also have redesigned the patch panel from the original, adding patch points for all oscillators, filters, and VCAs, ‘correcting the confusing terminology of the original’, and improving its usability.
The PS-20 architecture has been “souped up” compared to the original, with 16-note polyphony; a unique three-layer, eight-step sequencer with flexible CV outs; and integrated effects, including a distortion, modulation echo with stereo spread, and a reverb with spring and plate emulations.
It also builds on the original by adding MPE support, chord memory, full MIDI control and more.
- Accurate modeling of classic MS-style highpass and lowpass filters
- Up to 16-voice polyphony with random voice panning available
- Over 320 presets
- Three-channel, eight-step sequencer with 1/2-step quantizer and tempo sync
- Single-key chord memory mode
- Expanded and simplified full-function patch panel
- Advanced patch panel cabling system from Voltage Modular
- External Signal Processor section with normalled sidechain input
- Virtual instrument and effect plug-in versions included
- Tempo-syncable modulation generator
- Unison detune for massive lead and bass sounds
- MPE support
- Four user-selectable interface color themes
- Distortion, studio-quality reverb, and mod echo with tempo sync effects
- Full MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
Pricing and Availability
PS-20 is available now with an intro price of $29.