Developer Bram Bos has introduced Hammerhead for iOS – a modern version of his 25 year-old Hammerhead Rhythm Station application.
Here’s what Bos has to say about it:
“The little shark is back. After 25 years, the new Hammerhead is a fresh, mobile reinterpretation of the classic software drum computer that started it all. Hammerhead is still simple, fun and playful. It still feels like a little 90s groovebox. Except this time it fits in your pocket, it integrates in your plugin ecosystem and comes with a lot more creative possibilities…”
- Dozens of classic sounds and loops ‘from the good old days’
- Import your own WAVs
- Built-in simple drum synth for designing your own percussive sounds
- Supports polyrhythms and polymeters
- Runs standalone, or as an AUv3 (Audio Unit) plugin in any host
- Universal app (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), fully responsive design
- Trigger sounds – or entire patterns – using MIDI
- Separate outputs for each channel (in hosts which support multi-out AUv3)
- MIDI output from the AUv3 (in hosts which support MIDI AUv3)
Here’s a video demo, via DJ Puzzle:
Pricing and Availability:
Hammerhead is available now for $7.99 USD.