The Nucleus promises to offer a wide range of sonic possibilities, with three oscillator types:
- Osc 1: Analog Saw Core with Wave-folding & PWM, Sub Osc 1 with its own Low Pass VCF
- Osc 2: AnalogSaw Core with PWM, Sync and and FM
- Osc 3: Digital wavetable + Noise Source
- 3 input Digital Ring Modulator
- 8 Pole Multi-Mode Dual Peak Filter
- VCA with soft and hard clipping distortion
- 4 ADAHSR Envelopes with variable shape
- 3 LFO with key-sync and delay
- Modulation Adders, multipliers, lag, contouring….
- Full MIDI interface
- User selectable CV In and Out
- 100 user patches and built-in standard patches
- Over 60 Modulation sources
- Over 35 Destinations (all simultaneous)
The Nucleus will initially be available in as a Eurorack/Desktop module (prototype shown above).
But Artisan also plans a keyboard version:
The keyboard version will be available in 4- and 8-voice versions. It uses the voice card of the Nucleus module, so offers the same synthesis capabilities, but with more controls.
- 4 to 8 voices
- 5 Octave FATAR keyboard with Aftertouch
- 64 step 2 channel sequencer can act as a modulation source to over 100 parameters!
- Additional knobs and switches for more direct live control.
- Inboard power supply.
- Built in Digital Effects
Details on pricing and availability are still to be announced. See the Artisan site for more information.