Keith McMillen Instruments has introduced the K- Mix BLUE, an 8 in x 10 out digital mixer, USB audio interface and touch sensitive MIDI controller.
The K-Mix BLUE is an updated version of the original K-Mix, introduced at the 2015 NAMM Show. The BLUE edition features upgraded preamps, an updated tactile control surface and a new ABS-Polycarbonate finish.
The K-Mix has a unique design with no moving parts, so it doesn’t have faders that get could scratchy over time, and it can be thrown into a backpack for mobile mixing without worry about damage to control knobs.
“With K-Mix BLUE, we’ve upgraded the classic K-Mix tactile experience and aesthetic”, said KMI President Eric Bateman. “The finish feels great and will stand the test of time, the preamps are clean even when powered from a laptop, and with full Ableton 11 support, K-Mix is hands down the most versatile audio Swiss army knife out there.”
- Programmable Digital Mixer
- High Pass Filter, Three band EQ, Gate, and Compressor on Every Channel
- On-Board Reverb with Dedicated Send/Return Bus
- Flexible Routing to four Stereo Output Buses and USB
- Headphone Monitoring of Channels, Busses, or a Dedicated Mix
- Quad, 5.1, 7.1 and Octo Surround Mixer with Bass Management
- Onboard Preset Storage
- No Computer Required
- Audio Interface
- 8-in/10-out Audio
- USB Bus Powered
- Low Noise Pre Preamps
- “High-End” AKM Converters
- 32-bit Floating Point Signal Path
- Control Surface
- Precision Rotaries and Faders
- User Assignable MIDI Controls in Three Banks
- Supports Ableton Live versions 9-11
- Mackie HUI Control (requires K-Mix Editor software)
- Light Weight and Portable
- Durable ABS-Polycarbonate enclosure
- Rugged Construction, No Moving Parts
Pricing and Availability
The K-Mix BLUE is available now for $599 USD.