Modbap Modular Osiris Wavetable Oscillator Debuts At Knobcon 2021
At Knobcon 2021, Modbap Modular’s Corry Banks introduced Osiris, a 12hp bi-fidelity wavetable oscillator for Eurorack systems.
The Osiris features:
- 6+ timbre modes, including FM and phase modulation;
- an independent sub-oscillator;
- LoFi processing;
- extensive CV modulation capabilities;
- a pitch quantizer;
- 4 banks of 32×32 wavetables each;
- the ability to load user wavetables via Micro SD cards; and
- an open-source wavetable editor (OsirisEdit), a fork of Synth Tech’s Wave Edit.
The module is a collaboration with Ess Mattisson of Fors.
Timbre Modes include:
- Unison – Layers a second oscillator that detunes from slight beatings up to an octave.
- Bend – Compresses the waveform to a thinner shape
- Fold – Introduces symmetric 2-stage wave folding by first mirroring the waveform and then folding it
- Sync – Repeats the cycle count of the waveform within a Hanning window, making the edges soft
- Noise– Adds window-synced noise to the waveform phase
- FM x 1 – Applies phase modulation to the oscillator using the same waveform
- FM x ….8 – The FM scans through a ratio of 1 up to a ratio of 8 smoothly, with mixed stages in between
Pricing and Availability
The Modbap Modular Osiris is expected to be available October 1, 2021, priced at $359 USD.