Moog Music today announced Moog Sound Studio: Mother-32 & DFAM & Subharmonicon, an all-in-one Euro system that is designed to make its family of 60HP semi-modular analog synthesizers more accessible and approachable than ever.
Along with the powerful trio of analog synthesizers (Mother-32, DFAM, and Subharmonicon), the Sound Studio comes with a custom dust cover, dedicated audio mixer and power distribution hub, 3-tier rack kit, audio cables, patch cables, cable organizer, a new synth exploration card game, creative learning tools, artwork and more.
It’s priced at $1,999 USD, which is less than the price of these three instruments alone, if purchased separately.
The newest Moog Sound Studio package includes the full lineup of Moog’s Mother ecosystem instruments:
- Mother-32 is a versatile performance and production synthesizer with a step sequencer and 64 slots of sequence memory. Its classic Moog voice delivers “raw analog sound, deep Moog bass, and soaring synth leads.”
- DFAM is designed to offer an inspiring approach to drum synthesis and rhythmic pattern creation with rich analog rhythms and percussive patterns.
- Subharmonicon offers a unique combination of six-tone subharmonic chord shapes and polyrhythmic sequences.
Here’s the official video intro:
Circuitous Connections Synth Exploration Card Game
With Moog Sound Studio: Mother-32 & DFAM & Subharmonicon, Moog introduces Circuitous Connections, an original sound experimentation card game designed to “encourage and embrace interconnectivity”.
The game enables the discovery of new sounds and creative patching techniques through randomly generated pathways, so that the user can play again and again without ever patching the same thing twice.
New Compilation EP
Moog has also released Explorations in Analog Synthesis, Volume II, a new seven-song EP created to demonstrate the analog sound and sonic possibilities of Moog Sound Studio.
A follow-up to Explorations in Analog Synthesis, released by Moog via SoundCloud in March, the compilation features tracks by a wide range of artists:
- A dark, danceable electro-pop track from duo Jae Matthews and Gus Muller, who make music as Boy Harsher
- A meditative ambient piece created by award-winning artist, composer, and producer Hannah Peel
- Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith’s rhythmic experimental modular composition with rhythmic patterns and melodic pulses
- Deep house beats with smooth vocals from Brooklyn-based producer Galcher Lustwerk
- Ya Tseen
- A pulsing, up-tempo sonic creation by Paula Temple
Each track was built around the three instruments included in the Moog Sound Studio.
You can stream Explorations in Analog Synthesis, Volume II below:
Pricing and Availability
Moog Sound Studio: Mother-32 & DFAM & Subharmonicon will see its official debut at Superbooth 2021, which takes place September 15th through 18th in Berlin, Germany. It’s available now, priced at $1,999 USD.
We asked Moog if they will make the accessories included in this package available such to existing owners. They did not have any plans to share at this time.