At Superbooth 2021, Tiptop Audio and Buchla USA have announced a joint project to bring classic Buchla 200 Series modules back as affordable Eurorack modules.
The Buchla 200 Series Electric Music Box was introduced in 1970, and replaced the earlier 100 series. Like the original Moog modular synths, 200 Series systems were rare and expensive, so few people had access to them.
Buchla and Tiptop Audio say that they’ve joined forces to resume the production of these designs, but in Euro format and with module prices expected to start around $160 USD.
Pricing and Availability
Six modules have been announced for the Buchla & Tiptop Audio Eurorack 200 Series:
- Dual Oscillator Model 258tDual Oscillator Model 258t – expected Winter 2021, priced at $160-200
- Quad Lopass Gate Model 292tQuad Lopass Gate Model 292t – expected Spring-Summer 2022, pricing TBD
- Dual Voltage Processor Model 257t – expected Spring 2022, pricing TBD
- Source of Uncertainty Model 266tSource of Uncertainty Model 266t – expected Spring 2022, pricing TBD
- Quad Function Generator 281t – expected Winter 2021, priced at $170-210
- Sequential Voltage Source Model 245t, expected Winter-Spring 2022, price TBD