Free Logic Pro Update Lets You Use 3 Times As Many Plugins, Adds Dolby Atmos Support
Apple today introduced a free update for Logic Pro, adding support for spatial audio and support for the new M1 Pro and M1 Max CPUs.
Logic Pro, Apple’s pro music creation software, now comes with a complete set of tools for authoring spatial audio music, so users can mix and export their songs in Dolby Atmos for Apple Music.
And Apple says that musicians can use up to 3x as many plug-ins for recording on the MacBook Pro with M1 Max.
Here’s what’s new in Logic Pro 10.7:
- Now with a complete set of mixing and rendering tools, Logic Pro allows anyone to author songs as Dolby Atmos music files compatible with Apple Music. Musicians, producers, and mix engineers can expand their stereo projects to the surround channels supported by Dolby Atmos, using new mixer and panner controls.
- In addition, 13 plug-ins within Logic Pro — including Space Designer, Limiter, Loudness Meter, and Tremolo — have also been updated to take advantage of this new creative capability.
- With the new MacBook Pro, musicians also get workstation-class performance for creating massive spatial audio mixes, can quickly load large sample libraries, and can use up to 3x more plug-ins for recording.
- Logic Pro also now comes with all the new Producer Packs1, introduced in GarageBand this summer. The sound library features beats, loops, and samples created producers Boys Noize, Mark Lettieri, Mark Ronson, Oak Felder, Soulection, Take A Daytrip, Tom Misch, and TRAKGIRL.
- Logic users now have access to 2,800 new loops, 50 new kits, and 120 new patches they can use in their own songs — all royalty-free.
Pricing and Availability
Logic Pro 10.7 is available today as a free update for all existing users, and for $199.99 (US) for new users on the Mac App Store.