Roland JD-800 Software Synth Now Available Via Roland Cloud
Roland has introduced the JD-800 Software Synthesizer, a software recreation of the classic hardware JD-800.
The original Roland JD-800 is considered by many to be one of the classic digital synths, combining the power of digital synthesis with the hands-on control of classic 70’s analog synths. It featured patches created by Roland’s then Chief Sound Designer Eric Persing, who created many of the most iconic sounds of classic Roland synths, before going on to found Spectrasonics.
The JD-800 Software Synthesizer brings back the classic sound of the original, including the original 64 presets, but also expands on it with expanded polyphony and other modern updates.
- 64 original presets, plus 64 new presets
- Recreation of JD-800’s two-stage, multi-effects section with drag and drop reorder
- 7 effects: chorus, phaser, enhancer, distortion, spectrum, delay, and reverb
- Detailed, realistic interface is resizable and includes alternate views
- Expanded polyphony versus the original hardware
- VST3, AAX, and AU with support for Apple silicon
The JD-800 Software Synthesizer is the newest member of Roland Cloud’s Legendary series, which
includes plug-in versions of the JUNO-60, JUPITER-8, TR-808, TR-909, D-50 and more. See the Roland Cloud site for details.