Developer Pierre-Antoine Grison has launched a Kickstarter project to fund production of open·control, a customizable control surface for Ableton Live.
Grison is a producer on Ed Banger Records as Krazy Baldhead, an Ableton Certified Trainer and has previously used Kickstarter to fund production of the State Of The Loop pedalboard for Ableton Looper.
open-control is available in three formats – Pocket, Boxed & Maker – so that both the hardware and functionality of the controller can be customized to meet your requirements.
Grison says that open·control was born with two main goals:
- It should show information not available on other MIDI controllers, such as Scene names, Marker names, Variations, etc.
- It should let the user decide what actions each button and knob should perform, and do that easily, without any MIDI-mapping or scripting knowledge.
- Bright LED Matrix display
- 6 Buttons or Switch pedal inputs
- 6 RGB LEDs for visual feedback
- 2 Knobs or Expression Pedal inputs
- MIDI In and Out ports
- Standard USB
Pricing and Availability
open-control is being funded via a Kickstarter campaign and it is available to project backers with the following pricing:
- Pocket version : 69€
- Boxed version : 129€
- Maker version : 59€
Note: Crowd-funded projects involve risk, so make sure you read details at the project site.