MOK Miniraze Synth Pairs Cutting Edge Synthesis With Easy-To-Use Interface
MOK today introduced Miniraze, a new wave-slicing software synthesizer for Linux, Mac & Windows that’s powered by their patented wave-slicing engine.
Miniraze lets you slice & splice waveforms into a huge range of unique sound, ranging from warm, retro analog vibes to aggressive, futuristic sounds. But, while it uses a new type of synthesis, it pairs this with a straightforward layout, inspired by the interface and workflow of the Moog Minimoog.
In addition to the wave-slicing oscillators, Miniraze offers: two filters in series, each with 11 options; 4 syncable LFOs; 4 ADSR envelopes; 9 effects; and more.
To commemorate the release, MOK is also offering a curated sound bank of Miniraze patches, created by top artists and sound designers, to help support the Bob Moog Foundation.
“Miniraze pays homage to Bob Moog by presenting MOK’s latest synth technology in a Minimoog-style top panel,” said Taiho Yamada, co-founder and VP of Product at MOK. “It’s cutting-edge DSP meets classic synth design, for fast and fun sonic discovery. The goal is to make our advanced wave-slicing engine super accessible by delivering it in a simple and familiar user interface.”
At the heart of Miniraze are three of MOK’s unique wave-slicing oscillators, streamlined versions of those found in MOK’s Waverazor synthesizer. The oscillators can combine two waveforms, from a selection of more than 100 classic and modern types, to create a huge range of sounds.
For even more sonic possibilities, Miniraze includes multiple low-frequency oscillators, assignable ADSR envelopes and a flexible modulation matrix. Other features include a built-in arpeggiator and nine onboard effects.
Inspired by the original Minimoog synthesizer, the user interface is divided into discrete segments: an oscillator bank, mixer and modulation section. The familiar layout is designed to let you quickly design unique sounds from scratch, without having to hunt through menus.
Users can also customize the user interface with a choice of 34 languages and 18 color themes.
The Bob Moog Foundation 15th Anniversary Miniraze Sound Bank
MOK is also collaborating with the Bob Moog Foundation to release an exclusive Miniraze BMF sound bank, featuring patches created by an all-star team of artists and sound designers, including Mark Mothersbaugh, composer and co-founder of DEVO.
All proceeds will be donated to the Bob Moog Foundation, to support programs like Dr. Bob’s SoundSchool, the Bob Moog Foundation Archives and the Moogseum in Asheville, NC.
“As we do our part to move the art and science of synthesis forward, we recognize that we are standing on the shoulders of giants,” continued Yamada. “It’s hard to imagine within today’s musical landscape, but before Moog synths existed, few people on Earth had ever heard an electronically synthesized sound. There was a sense of exploration and discovery back then that we hope to bring back with Miniraze and the Bob Moog Foundation 15th Anniversary Sound Bank.”
- Patented wave-slicing oscillators
- Straightforward East Coast-style layout makes it easy to program complex patches
- Two filters in series, each with 11 options including subtractive and generative types
- 4 synchronizable LFOs modulate anything from vibrato to dubstep wobbles
- 4 ADSR envelopes, including a dedicated amp envelope with velocity modulation
- Vast Modulation Matrix for under the hood modular-style patching
- 9 onboard effects, including Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, distortion and more
- Built-in arpeggiator produces intricate patterns and random notes from chords
- Unison Mode for thick and fat voice stacking
- Analog button adds subtle organic randomness to the system
- 11 colors of noise available to add a variety of textures to your sound
- External Audio input lets you process instruments, voices and other sounds
- Ring Math processor provides 21 different types of ring modulation
- Compatible with AAX/AU/VST on Mac, PC and Linux
- Support for 34 languages, including Sanskrit, Elvish and Klingon
- Exclusive Bob Moog Foundation sound bank available (proceeds donated to BMF)
Pricing and Availability
Miniraze is available now for $129 in the MOK store. The Bob Moog Foundation 15th Anniversary Miniraze Sound Bank will be available for $49.