midiphy has announced the availability of the MatriX Graphical MIDI Sequencer and Isomorphic Keyboard.
midiphy MatriX extends existing midiphy (or MIDIbox) sequencers with a large 17×17 button/LED matrix for graphical sequencing and more. The grid can also be used as an isomorphic sequencer to control your MIDI instruments.
The video intro, embedded above, covers these topics:
00:03 Introducing the midiphy MatriX
00:50 Graphical Sequence Composition
01:44 Editing Notes and Joystick Composition
02:38 Clip Navigation and Grid Modes
03:34 High-Res Edits and Quantization
04:20 Isomorphic Keys: Pentatonic Intermezzo
04:51 Macro Screen (LoopA Comannd Center)
08:02 Force-To-Scale (and Note Color Labels)
09:01 Scale Mode
10:01 Isomorphic Keys Tip: Geometric Playing
10:48 Keys Mode Controllers
12:29 Outro: Six Track Jam
- 289 (17×17) RGB-backlit and light|shielded mechanical keys with custom keycaps for optimal light dispersion.
- Full-color 128×128 high-end OLED display running at 60Hz for info and graphical sequence/clip previewing.
- Extra sliders and buttons for parameter entry and additional functions.
- Two bidirectional MIDI ports and a dedicated button to switch between them.
- Dedicated navigation joystick for moving selections, scrolling through clips/sequences and more!
- High-performance STM32F4 MCU using RTOS as a software base for a responsive and fluid user experience.
- Full midiphy SEQ v4+ and MIDIbox SEQ v4 support – compatible with existing BLM 16×16+X protocol.
- Enhanced LoopA support: advanced editor with note color mapping and pan/zoom controls (microtiming), 160 scales (with note quantization), reassignable isomorphic keyboard and performance controls.
Pricing and Availability
midiphy MatriX is available now as a DIY kit for 1,189.99 €.