Arturia has released an update to its Pigments software synth that they say “launches Pigments into a new era of sound”.
The free update features new synthesis options, Apple M1 compatibility and more.
Here’s what’s new in Pigments 3.5:
- CrossMod – Introduces cross modulation between engines 1 and 2. Either engine can be used as a modulation source, with a number of parameters to customize for wild harmonics, unusual waveforms, and extreme sonic results.
- New Distortion Module – Pigments 3.5’s new Distortion Module combines 16 modes of distortion with built-in filtering.
- Expanded Comb Filter – Pigments’ comb filter now comes with 3 new damped modes; LP6, BP6, and HP6. These filter out certain frequencies in the feedback loop for unique sounds like ambient plucks, shimmering bowed leads and more.
- Apple M1 compatibility – Adds native support for Apple’s next-generation M1 processors.
- New Wavetables p- Pigments 3.5 features dozens of new wavetables inspired by molecular structures, mineral textures, and aggressive modern timbres.
- Enhanced Sample Engine Browser – This now features subfolders and one-click sample preview.
- Streamlined GUI – A number of subtle menu redesigns and workflow improvements to streamline your sound design process.
- 150+ New Factory Presets – Pigments 3.5 introduces 150 new patches exploring the massive potential of new features like CrossMod, Comb Filter, and more.
In addition, Arturia has introduced The Energy Triad – 3 new sound banks, each containing 150 presets, dedicated to the the sounds of trap, grime, future bass, house and more.
Pricing and Availability