Watch again as our video talents summon the sounds that drove you to new inspirational heights.
10. Fender Player Plus Nashville Telecaster
Classic Nashville mods and extra pickup switching options open up major tone acreage.
9. Strymon Zelzah Multidimensional Phaser
A potent, multi-stage phaser that creatively spans traditional and deeply tweaked modulations.
8. Dunlop Justin Chancellor Cry Baby Wah
A Colorsound-inspired fuzz and Wal bass-derived filtering make the Tool bass man’s signature fuzz-wah a uniquely wild ride.
7. EarthQuaker Devices Hizumitas
Boris’s guitar sorceress gets a ferocious signature fuzz that riffs on a rare version of the triangle Big Muff.
6. Epiphone Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess Standard Demo
Dive-bombs, belly cuts, and sweet-singing split-coil tones—the Rush maestro’s signature Epiphone is a supreme steal, too.
5. Ernie Ball Music Man St. Vincent Goldie
Ernie Ball-designed mini humbuckers lend new versatility to Annie Clark’s bold signature six string.
4. Gamechanger Audio Light Pedal Optical Spring Reverb
3. Fender Jason Isbell Custom Telecaster
A unique mashup of vintage specs and an accessible price make the 400 Unit maestro’s signature Tele’ a screaming deal.
2. Fender Tone Master Super Reverb
Big classic combo sounds live in a digitally-driven, black-panel beast you can actually lug up the stairs.
1. Fender ’68 Custom Pro Reverb
Fender’s modern take on the classic amp adds a midrange control, ditches the “normal” channel, and substitutes the two speakers of yore with a single Celestion 12″ Neo Creamback.