GForce OB-E Synthesizer Updated With Input From Tom Oberheim
GForce Software, in collaboration with Tom Oberheim, has introduced OB-E V2, described as “a pin sharp emulation of the Oberheim 8-Voice”.
The update features a variety of updates, including a new ‘Vintage’ control and a refined ‘Detune’ parameter, along with a new reverb, 100+ new presets and more.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“Last year, as we neared the release of OB-E, we were contacted by Marcus Ryle on behalf of Tom Oberheim. Marcus is a co-founder of Line 6 but also a former Oberheim developer who contributed to the OB-Xa, DSX, DMX, OB-8, Xpander and Matrix 12. Through Marcus, OB-E found its way to the ears of Tom Oberheim and they were both impressed enough to suggest a collaboration to refine the instrument and release an update carrying their full endorsement.
Working under the guidance of Tom and Marcus, we further enhanced the already incredible sounding OB-E. Refining the Detune feature and adding a new Vintage knob, dials in more realistic musical inaccuracies in line with the original instrument for a truly authentic 8-Voice experience.”
Here’s what’s new in Oberheim OB-E v2:
- New presets
- Vintage knob & Refined Detune parameter
- Matrix Reverb
- Drum Mode and 10 drum kits presets
- PC support, VST3 and Apple Silicon Native
- Sequencer Zoom
- Flexible scaling UI
Key features include:
- Authentic sounding emulation of the Oberheim 8-Voice
- 700+ factory Patches ‘designed to fit in a mix’, all tagged and categorised
- Librarian for easy access to the presets (Arrow Keys Navigation)
- ZOOM enlarges an individual SEM filling the UI with front & rear panels side by side
- Group and Offset mode to edit all SEMs at once, Individual SEM Copy/Paste/Save
- Upper/Lower SEMs can be Split across the keyboard
- Multi-faceted analogue style sequencer
- Extensive Velocity & Aftertouch modulation, Pan and Volume per SEM
- Polyphonic aftertouch and MPE
Pricing and Availability
Oberheim OB-E v2 is available now for £99.99 Ex. VAT.