Roland has released a major update to the firmware for the Jupiter-X and Jupiter-Xm synthesizers, adding a new synth model, an improved arpeggiator, probability, double the scenes and presets, and more.
The above video, via gattobus, demonstrates custom scees using the new Jupiter-X synth model.
Here’s what’s new in Ver. 3.0:
- Additional Functions
- The model “JUPITER-X” has been newly provided as a preloaded model – The model “JUPITER-X” is a new model that takes the model “JUPITER-8” as its motif and is designed with the aim of achieving the ideal analog synthesizer configuration. Through such moves as adoption of four oscillators, seven types of waveform selection, implementation of oscillator pan and oscillator delay, adoption of a variety of velocity sense functions, and more, this provides new vintage synth expressiveness that transcends the boundaries of vintage synths.
- The functionality of I-ARPEGGIO has been extended.
- I-ARP TYPE setting values have been increased from 55 to 65 (10 more) and I-ARP RHYTHM setting values have been increased from 44 to 65 (21 more).
- Mode switching has been added to enable easy switching of simple arpeggios and step sequencers for each individual part.
- It is now possible to change styles and variations for each individual part by using I-ARP and the ARP mode.
- A Probability function has been added. This makes it possible to assign a probability to the sound production of each note, and also enables changing its extent through interlinking with I-ARPEGGIO.
- New preset sound content has been added (scenes and tones).
- The number of scenes and the number of user tones have both been increased from 256 to 512.
- Functionality Improvement
- Various improvements to the user interface have been made.
- When setting parameter values, a value list can now be displayed by pressing the [ ENTER ] button.
- The structure of the view displayed when the [ MENU ] button is pressed has been reorganized.
- The naming screens for scenes, tones, and the like have been improved.
- The order of Z-Core Tone parameters has been reorganized.