Steinberg Nuendo 12 Now Available
Steinberg has announced the availability of Nuendo 12, a major update to its audio production tool.
The company says that the twelfth version of Nuendo has a clear focus on speech. Many of Nuendo’s new features and improvements not only ensure that dialogue is clearly heard but are especially designed for sound designers and post-production studios working in this area.
Here’s what’s new in Steinberg Nuendo 12:
- Dialogue Detection AI–powered algorithms to remove silent parts from a recording and leave only the dialogue.
- Multiple reference clips for audio alignment, to apply precise timing to a large set of field recorder files at once.
- Free Warp tool in the Project window for subtle manual timing corrections to audio event waveforms.
- Netflix TTAL import and export support for working on language dubbing projects for Netflix.
- EdiCue v4 support for loading character text from PDF shooting scripts and storing cue date in Nuendo’s cycle markers.
- Binaural Downmix in the Renderer for Dolby Atmos, for immersive sound mixing over headphones with the required spatial accuracy.
- Headphones Match plug-in to compensate and/or emulate the frequency response curve of 387 different models of headphones from a hundred manufacturers.
- New MIDI Remote system and API that automatically detects MIDI devices and maps their controls in Nuendo.
- Sound Design tools featuring Raiser, a limiter with ultra-fast attack times, but without compromising transients or transparency; FX Modulator with an arsenal of effect modules and an envelope editor to create time-based modulations of sound effects; additional Randomize parameters for the StepFilter; extended ARA 2 support, improved Logical Editors and Input Transformer, plus more.
- Music feature enhancements including Scale Assistant in VariAudio, Create Chord Events from Audio Events, Verve felt piano, Import tempo and signature tracks, Multi-selection and phase coherent AudioWarp editing, Lin One Dither and more.
- Workflow and productivity improvements, including a new dongle-free licensing system, extended editing capabilities, a revamped ADR Taker, the ability to create markers from selected events, more flexible marker handling options, additional key commands, native Apple Silicon support, UI and performance improvements, enhanced audio and video engine performance.
Nuendo 12 Video Overview:
Availability and Pricing
Nuendo 12 is available now for US$ 999.99. See the site for details on upgrades, crossgrades, etc.