Crea8audio East Beast Semi-Modular Synthesizer In-Depth Demo
Superbooth 2022: The latest Molten Music Technology video takes an in-depth look at the new East Beast monophonic semi-modular synthesizer.
Intro and demos – 0:00
Closer look – 10:29
Oscillator waveforms – 12:46
Filter – 14:36
Envelope – 16:07
ARP and Sequencer – 17:45
Wave and filter randomisation – 22:27
Multifunction feature – 25:00
Conclusion – 34:06
Outtro – 39:22
The East Beast, a collaboration between Cre8audio and Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizers, is a new semi-modular desktop synthesizer and Eurorack module.
- East coast style subtractive monophonic synthesize
- Controllable via MIDI, CV, and integrated button keyboard
- Fully patchable – use East Beast’s components as separate modules with external devices or reroute its internal patching. It’s like having 9 individual modules (Oscillator, filter, envelope, VCA, LFO, multi-mod tool, sequencer, MIDI to CV converter, and button keyboard).
- 32 step sequencer with up to 13 presets
- Generative sequencing mode
- Clock-synced arpeggiator
- Step sequencer can be manipulated & transposed via MIDI and the integrated button keyboard
- Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizer developed 100% analog oscillator
- Oscillator waveforms – sine, triangle, saw, square, and pitched noise – Waveforms can be combined
- Oscillator includes pulse-width modulation (PWM) and frequency modulation (FM)
- Variable state, multi-mode PGH “No-Dead-Spots” filter (lowpass, bandpass, highpass, modes can be combined)
- Analog envelope generator
- Integrated VCA
- Dual-range analog LFO with triangle wave output
- Digital multi-mod tool – modulation control via CV, random generator, and extra LFO and envelope generator
- Internal clock with tap tempo and can be clocked via an external source.
- Built-in clock divider
- Can be used standalone in its included case or removed and used as a eurorack format module
- Specifications for when used as a eurorack module
- Width when used as a module = 40hp
- Depth when used as a module = 25mm
- 213mA power draw when running +12V rail
- 151mA power draw when running -12V
- Input voltage range of oscillator = 0-10V
Pricing and Availability:
East Beast is available to pre-order now, with a street price of $249.99 / €249.99.