Cherry Audio Intros Lowdown Bass Synthesizer, A Virtual Taurus
Cherry Audio has introduced Lowdown Bass Synthesizer, a new software synthesizer based on the most renowned dual-oscillator bass pedal synth ever made, the Moog Taurus.
The original analog gear was the first dedicated foot-controlled bass synthesizer outside of a handful of organ-oriented instruments. Its colossal tone was an integral part of top acts of the 70s and 80s, including Rush, Yes, Genesis, U2, and The Police.
It was more than just a standard monosynth with pedals attached. It used Hz/oct oscillator scaling, instead of the more common volts/oct oscillator scaling), which allows the detuning amount to remain constant across the range, minimizing the phase cancellation of two oscillators playing simultaneously.
While the Hz/octave design of the original meant that it was only practical to use within a limited range (like the more recent Minotaur synth), Cherry Audio’s virtual version doesn’t have that physical limitation.
- Virtual analog emulation of the renowned monophonic bass pedal synth
- Beyond bass: propel Lowdown from the fat deep end and up to soaring leads
- Massive dual oscillators (Saw, Square)
- Throaty 24dB/octave lowpass filter with controls for Cutoff, Emphasis, and Contour
- Single-button access to Bull, Tuba, and Bass three factory presets
- Variable live-panel mode, available with a single click
- Additional one-button controls to activate Glide, Decay, and Octave
- Loudness and Filter master “foot” sliders
- Recessed panel provides access to programmable functions: Tune, Beat, Glide, Octave, Mix, and OSC B Frequency
- Rendered and animated foot pedal keyboard
- Select from 14 under-the-pedals floor surfaces
- Over 40 presets in an extensive preset browsing menu, and unlimited user preset storage
- Full MIDI control
- Full DAW automation for all controls
Pricing and Availability:
Cherry Audio Lowdown is available now, with an intro price of $25 USD. .