Free Update Turns Teenage Engineering TX-6 Field Mixer Into Digital Audio Recorder
Teenage Engineering has released a free firmware update for the TX-6 Field Mixer that turns it into a portable digital audio recorder.
Here’s what’s new in TX–6 firmware update 1.1.4:
- USB mass storage disk record/playback for 24-bit 48 kHz stereo wav files, including armed recording with automatic start on audio detect.
- PO-sync output on aux and cue, with selectable 8th note for PO-sync and 16th note for modular systems.
- External midi control of all TX–6 parameters, for complete remote control over midi.
- Extended midi support for synth mode to play the synth chromatically using midi notes from an external keyboard.
- Added ‘scenes’ to save and load all settings.
- USB audio multiple sample rate support: 48 kHz and additionally 44.1 kHz, for compatibility with MPC live etc.
- BLE midi clock in/out support with clock routing settings.
- BLE host mode to connect peripherals like BLE midi keyboards.
- Switchable aux and cue outputs, to be able to utilize the higher output level of the aux jack if needed for high impedance headphones.
- Added balanced mono input mode in addition to the stereo / mono / split modes.
- Parameters keep their values until a knob is moved, making it easier to switch knob config without undesired behavior.
- No snap back of the freeze FX parameter. click to reset instead.
- Smoother change of FX I send.
- Stability bugfix for usb midi host mode.
- USB audio mode set on menu exit, instead of directly
It’s a free download at the TE site.