Zaps Percussion Module Now Available To Pre-Order
Plankton Electronics has opened up pre-orders of Zaps, a new percussion voice for Eurorack, created in collaboration with Winter Modular and Miguel Eedl.
Zaps is a percussion-line-synth voice, designed for creating organic percussive sequences that can mutate over time. It uses a combination of different techniques like controlled randomness, morphing, and storing (or locking) synth-voice parameters in externally sequenceable CV-controlled slots.
The synth voice is a digitally-controlled-two-oscillator-FM and AM-analog engine with two envelopes and cross-modulation.
These are some of the things that Plankton says you can use it for:
- Sequence Preset Slots externally for changing percussion or synth lines
- Add subtle randomness to any parameter for slightly changing sounds, or go wild for unpredicted surprises on every trigger
- Morph sounds between Slots
- Assign accent to any parameter for added expressiveness
- Randomly generate full banks of sounds
- Capture any randomly generated sound into a preset slot for further editing
- Freeze/Revert the state of the module for careless editing during live performances
- Live editing of a single or multiple Slots simultaneously for expressive tweaking
- Generate melodic percussion or synth lines with the V/O tracked oscillators
- Use CV-in control of any parameter or CV-out control for external modules (control FX-sends or automate external-synth parameters)
Pricing and Availability:
Zaps is available to pre-order for 485,00€ from Winter Modular and Plankton Electronics. They expect to ship pre-orders by early October, at which point the price will be 535,00€.