Gretsch Announces Nigel Hendroff Signature Penguin
Hendroff is known for playing flashy Gretsch Penguins throughout his career and for this signature guitar, the brand leveraged the same vibrant aesthetic while building a foundation tailored for the traveling musician.
Today Gretsch guitars and guitarist, songwriter, and producer Nigel Hendroff released the G6134TFM-NH Nigel Hendroff Signature Penguin. Hendroff is known for playing flashy Gretsch Penguins throughout his career and for this signature guitar, the brand leveraged the same vibrant aesthetic while building a foundation tailored for the traveling musician. It’s a guitar with an understated elegance that players won’t be afraid to take on the road.
Hendroff was extremely involved in the design, opting for a model that felt old, comfortable, and easy, like a worn glove. The result was simplified controls, a semi-gloss neck, and Broad’Tron pickups that produce a larger sound with more punch and power.
Introducing the All-New Gretsch Nigel Hendroff Signature Penguin
The Penguin’s single-cutaway chambered mahogany body with flame maple top captures the harmonic richness and resonance of the top and body for a livelier, more articulate tone. Designed by the famed Tim Shaw, the highly versatile BT65 Broad’Tron pickups meticulously capture the guitar’s sonic palette and reproduce the perfect mixture of wall-shaking power and full-spectrum fidelity.
Key Specifications Include:
- Satin-back neck
- Single-cut chambered mahogany body with flame maple top
- Semi-gloss mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard
- Broad’TronTM BT-65 pickups
- String-thru Bigsby® B7CP vibrato tailpiece
- Grover® Imperial locking tuners and strap locks
- Tortoise body binding and pickguard
- Available in Amber Flame or Dark Cherry Metallic Flame with nickel hardware
- Amber Flame has a tortoise logo inlay on the headstock, while Dark Cherry Metallic Flame features a chrome log
From Your Site Articles
Related Articles Around the Web