Globelocus supports and encourages ideas, services, and tools that use and supplement Globelocus’s services. At the same time, we are serious about protecting our reputation, our trademarks and our brand identity. This Trademark Policy explains how to refer to Globelocus, our marks or our services.
A trademark is a word, name, symbol or device (or a combination of those items) that identifies the goods or services of a person or company and distinguishes them from the goods and services of others. The word “Globelocus” and other Globelocus graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names (together, the “Globelocus Marks”) are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Globelocus.
Why must Globelocus protect the Globelocus Marks? Globelocus must be to able assure Internet users and others that only the services offered, sponsored, or endorsed by Globelocus actually bear the Globelocus Marks. Trademark law requires that we not only protect against improper use of the Globelocus Marks, but also protect against the use of confusingly similar marks.
Using the Globelocus Marks
Here are our rules for using the Globelocus Marks:
We support and encourage using the Globelocus Marks in the following ways:
- Make fair use of Globelocus’s Marks. Globelocus supports free speech and you do not need permission to make legitimate commentary about Globelocus, the company or Globelocus’s services. For example, if you sell on Globelocus, it’s fine to let people know that.
- Distinguish the Globelocus Marks from surrounding text by, for example, capitalising the first letter of the Globelocus Marks.
- Spell the Globelocus Marks properly.
We do not permit the following uses of the Globelocus Marks:
- Incorporating the Globelocus Marks or a confusingly similar mark into, for example, the name of your business, organisation, non-profit organisation, event or trademark.
- Removing, altering, distorting or modifying the Globelocus Marks, including adding other terms to the Globelocus Marks to create new words.
- Using the Globelocus Marks or a confusingly similar mark in a way that falsely implies a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Globelocus, Inc. or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest information comes from, or represents the views or opinions of Globelocus, Inc. or an Globelocus employee.
- Using the Globelocus Marks in a product unless we’ve given you our permission in writing.
- Using any trademarks, service marks, trade dress, designs or logos that are confusingly similar to the Globelocus Marks or the look and feel of the Globelocus website.
- Using the Globelocus Marks in any way or on any website that contains or promotes adult content, gambling or otherwise violates applicable law or regulation.
- Using the Globelocus Marks in a manner that is in Globelocus’s sole opinion misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, tarnishing, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Globelocus.